Director of Family Ministries (Full Time)
Harvest Mississauga is a diverse and down to earth church at the crossroads of four growing GTA cities, aiming to fulfill the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment. In support of this mission, the Director of Family Ministries will provide strong and effective care and discipleship for the children, youth, parents and young adults of our church. Responsibilities will include overall direction of the ministry, development of leaders and volunteers, as well as support and training in family discipleship.
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Tim. 3:1-7
- Wholeheartedly embraces the mission, vision, and doctrine of Harvest Bible Chapel Mississauga
- Seminary degree (or in progress) preferred
- 5-10 years of ministry experience working with children and families
- Strong collaborative and relational skills
- Leadership and teaching gifts
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Able to train, teach, equip, manage and empower teams
- Provide oversight and leadership for all children (Sunday Programs, Awana, Day Camps), youth and young adult ministry staff and volunteers
- Equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children
- Offer courses and counseling for families in marriage preparation, marriage enrichment and parenting
- Develop the infrastructure of the ministry to support and sustain growth (registration processes, reporting structure, recruitment of volunteers, etc)
- Ensure compliance with our policy and procedures to protect vulnerable persons entrusted to our care
- Preach and teach in various contexts
- Create an environment where parents and children with special needs can flourish.
- Successful applicants will be asked to sign and must live in agreement with our church’s doctrinal statement, by-laws and membership commitment (available upon request). Only applicants being considered for positions will be contacted.
- This role description is not intended to be exhaustive. All staff at Harvest Mississauga are expected to be team players who are willing to flex and help as ministry needs change or new needs arise.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. Harvest Bible Chapel may, from time to time, assign you additional responsibilities or may alter and/or remove responsibilities as our ministry needs require.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.VIEW DOCUMENT